17 week cravings

May 27, 2013

The number one question I get 99% of the time is, “Are you having any cravings?”

17 weeks!

photo-59

Oh man.

1. Salt. I am craving salt like nobody’s business. I mean just hand me a salt shaker and I will pour it down my throat. Anything salty is appealing and then, as you might expect, anything sweet turns my stomach. Salt. Salt. Salt.

2. Cheese. I am having a seriously weird love affair with cheese right now. I don’t even really like cheese normally. I mean I could days/weeks without ever eating or thinking about cheese. Now? Oh my word. I want cheese every day and multiple times a day. And any kind of cheese, too, I don’t discriminate. Cream Cheese, Cottage Cheese, String Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, etc. I know there are some soft cheeses I need to stay away from and that isn’t a problem. But all those other cheeses….get in my belly!

3. Pirates Booty. For real I am 7 but I love this stuff! I feel like it is better than Cheetos and Pringles but I am probably just fooling myself. Please don’t tell me otherwise. I eat a little individual size snack bag every day for lunch. Every. Stinkin. Single. Day.

4. Subway Salads: No clue where this came from but I eat this for lunch pretty regularily. And by regularly I mean 3-4 days a week. HA! My go-to salad is lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, olives, green bell pepper, pickles, banana peppers, 1 scoop of avocado, chicken and oil & vinegar for dressing. Oh my gosh so good. I want this right now!

5. Chinese Food: My guess is because it is so salty that it appeals to me. And SHRIMP. Oh my word…any Chinese shrimp dish. I try to limit my fish intake but for real the only protein I really crave is shrimp.

Those would be the basics. Obviously I eat lots of other foods but those are the things I tend to crave the most.

1. May 27, 2013 11:18 am

Ahhhh, yes, CHEESE!!!! That was a big one for me– that, and citrus fruits, and, strangely, red meat, which I NEVER eat otherwise, ha! Have fun with your cravings!

2. May 27, 2013 11:33 am

OH yes, I was big on salt too! See also anything SPICY! I loved it – the hotter the better!

3. May 27, 2013 1:44 pm

You look so cute. I never actually thought to get a salad at Subway. That’s not a bad idea!

Are you going to find out the sex?!

• May 27, 2013 1:45 pm

The salads are so yummy!!

We will find out the sex on June 10th! Very excited!!!

4. Amanda permalink
    May 27, 2013 2:10 pm

You look so cute!! I love that baby belly!
    17 weeks yay!!!!! So happy for you! Can’t wait to hear what you’re having! That baby is going to be spoiled by your sweet parents.
    I craved margaritas during my first pregnancy (go figure since I rarely drink any type of alcohol). I did not indulge that craving, but I did crave salty things and I’m sure I had plenty of those. 🙂
    Oh and pirates booty is way better than Cheetos, so enjoy that craving (and all your others!). At least you aren’t craving poptarts and french fries all the time 😉
    And just wait until you start nursing, then the sweet cravings will come like crazy! 🙂
    So incredibly excited for you Kelly!

• May 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Margaritas! Too funny! We had brunch the other day with my parents and I wanted a Bloody Mary so badly!! I ended up ordering a spicy virgin Bloody Mary and it was so spicy and so good!!! Ha!

5. May 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Hot chocolate! I couldn’t get enough hot chocolate!!

6. May 28, 2013 11:16 am

I was obsessed with cheese & salt too!! Still am pretty obsessed with cheese (I am 20 weeks)–this baby girl likes her cheeeeeese 🙂

COngrats again!!

7. May 31, 2013 5:20 am

love reading about this! mine were salty too! I was obsessed with egg drop soup, watermelon, and cheese.

• May 31, 2013 5:22 am

I seriously obsessed with salt. I want any and all thing salty. If I eat something sweet it immediately makes me feel sick. Even fruit only sometimes works for me.

8. May 31, 2013 6:19 am

Chinese food!! We went to the chinese buffet AT LEAST once a week when I was pregnant with Henry!

9. Hilary permalink
    May 31, 2013 2:31 pm

Salt and cheese! Big for me. Goldfish crackers were a daily need and ramen (what 32 year old eats ramen….a pregnant one craving salt) was consumed for the first time since college and not just once and also rediscovered pimiento cheese :). I predict girl 🙂

• May 31, 2013 2:48 pm

HAHA! Oh my gosh…pimiento cheese sounds heavenly right now!!!! YUM!