10 facts about my marriage
I saw this article the other day online where Ashley (the bachelorette from a few seasons ago) shared 10 facts about her marriage to JP. I liked it so I am copying it here.
1. Keith does the majority of the chores around our house. I am pathetic when it comes to chores. In fact, as appalling as my mother finds this, I do not even own an iron. The only chore I do regularly is laundry on Sundays. But Keith does everything else. I win the worst wife award for sure.
2. No matter what bed we sleep in, Keith always sleeps closest to the bathroom. At home, out of town, in hotels, etc. Not sure why but it is always like that.
3. We never eat Italian food out. Ever.
4. We talk a lot.
5. Even though our bathroom has two sinks I use both. Keith has no real defined space in that room. And I don’t even wear makeup or anything. I am not quite sure why I need so much space in there.
6. We have so many nicknames for Bella that she now routinely will come/answer to the following names: Bella Boo, Booski, Knuckles, Knucklehead, and Angel Muffin. It’s a good thing she can’t talk because I feel certain she would say her name is Bella BooBooskiKnucklesKnuckleheadAngelMuffin Bruneman. Such a mouthful.
7. Speaking of Bella we have started adding “Yo Bitches” to pretty much anything we make Bella say. (Kinda like the old fortune cookie trick of adding “in Bed” after every fortune). So for example, if she is standing by the front door one of us will say, “Yo Bitches, someone gonna take me for a walk?” or if she jumps in the bed with us, we will say, “Yo bitches, make some room!” Ha. It makes us laugh every single stinkin time. We now both joke that we need to stop saying it or else our kid’s first words are going to be “Yo Bitches.”
“Yo Bitches, why you always taking my picture?!”
8. I exaggerate a lot. Accidentally. But now Keith knows me so well that he just accepts my exaggerations as commonplace. For example the other day I was in the shower and I saw some ants and I immediately shout, “Oh my gosh there are like 50 ants in here!” Keith without missing a beat responds with, “so like 5?” I count. “Yup there’s 5 ants.” He knows me well.
9. On Sunday mornings I turn on Soap Net and watch reruns of 90210, One Tree Hill, Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls. Until football seasons starts (and once it ends) Keith accepts this as his life. Just as I accept that during football season the only channels my TV will see are SportsCenter, NBC and Fox.
10. We write love notes to each other all the time. Just little notes that we leave around the house for each other a few times a week. I think it makes us both feel loved and appreciated and at the end of the day that’s what it’s all about.
Any random facts about your marriage and/or relationship you want to share?