my life according to tests

May 4, 2012

I really don’t always want my blog to be about my miscarriages. I want this blog to be about my life and unfortunately, for me, that is a big part of my life right now. So remember when we had the second miscarriage I told you we were going to start testing? Well we did it.

We had a thyroid panel, a blood glucose panel, an autoimmune disease panel and a blood clotting panel run. Everything came back negative. It was a huge sigh of relief to not have anything wrong with me but at the same time frustrating that we still do not have any answers. Medically, my body should be the perfect host for an embryo. But I think the alternatives could be worse. I mean I don’t want Lupus or diabetes or anything, you know?

The next step would be to do chromosomal testing. BUT. Our insurance doesn’t cover it and it is a $3,000 test. My doctor said that chromosomal issues are extremely rare. So rare that my OB has never even diagnosed it in his career. So after some soul-searching and long talks with my doctor we all decided to hold off on that right now. Since the aforementioned tests all came back negative we are going to try again. But not for a while.

Two miscarriages in five months is a lot and has taken its toll on my body. So we are going to stop for a little bit. We will start trying again in October/November. Hopefully we have no problems getting pregnant again and that the third pregnancy will be the charm. If, God forbid, we have a third miscarriage we will do the chromosomal testing and we will start the adoption process.

So. That is that.

For those of you who may be going through similar situations and want the actual medical names of the tests I had run just email me and I can give you more details. Again…thanks to all for the incredible support you always give.

1. May 4, 2012 4:02 pm

😦 must be hard to wait that long. I know it will work out in the end!

2. purelyemily permalink
    May 4, 2012 5:09 pm

I cannot fathom what you have been through thus far and I will continue to pray for your family. As a new reader, I’m not sure what all you have tried as far as infertility/miscarriage goes, but after 3 miscarriages, my best friend just made it to week 32 with her twins, she swears that chiropractic care has been her saving grace. If you haven’t already and you’re interested, talking to a chiropractor.

3. May 4, 2012 6:19 pm

I’m so glad everything came back negative– but I can see how that would be frustrating as well. I’m glad you’re giving your body a break, although I know that must be hard. I’m so hoping that the third time will work out for y’all…but I know that one way or another, you’ll get that baby you want, Kelly.

4. May 4, 2012 8:22 pm

I think it’s the best answer you could have received. Frustrating? Yes. But like you said you don’t want lupus! You know I’m here whenever you need me!

5. May 5, 2012 9:37 am

Kelly, I really am happy that there is nothing wrong regarding the tests that you took…but I can only imagine the unknowing. it’s almost like you wanted to find out that there was something wrong, so hopefully that you could fix it & then continue trying.
    Know that I’m thinking of you. And I have a good feeling about later this year for you guys. You have such an amazing relationship, and this will only make you stronger.

6. May 7, 2012 8:06 am

girl i here ya on the testing. Even though its not the same as yours, i have been through several the past 2 months, and its good and frustrating at the same time. BUT you are making PROGRESS and taking ACTION! That means a lot.
    xxoo

7. May 8, 2012 9:51 pm

I know (really, I know) how you can both be anxious to try again but also scared to try again at the same time. I think it’s quite wise to give your body and spirit some time to heal and regroup before starting again.

You know you are awesome, right? Thanks for being so open in sharing your life right now.

8. May 15, 2012 7:37 am

just checking in on ya. Shoot me a life update soon. xxoo