best. day. ever.

August 1, 2011
tags:

On Saturday we had the best day! As you know, Keith’s god-daughter, Courtney, is staying with us for a week and this past Saturday we showed her the gem of Austin called Zilker Park. We started the day by hiking around the Botanical Gardens. It was gorgeous and impressive that everything was still so green with the serious drought we are stuck in.

Keith and Courtney

Me and Keith

Next we headed over to Town Lake to go canoeing. We had a 3-man canoe and we made Keith sit in the back to be the steering wheel and let’s face it…he did most of the work. But I think he can handle it. 😉

Town Lake runs right through downtown so you can see the skyline as you paddle. Hello Austin!

And what would any adventure be without some self portraits? Right??

And we finished out the day at Barton Springs. It is a natural spring pool that has a year round temperature of 68 degrees. Even with a high of 104 that water was COLD! But Courtney was a trooper and braved the temperatures to cool off!

Like I said, best. weekend. ever. Did you do anything fun this weekend? Do share!

1. August 1, 2011 6:38 am

Caitlin from Twenty Fifth year actually took most of my pretty pictures (like the one next to this comment) at the botanical gardens in zilker park! It was so pretty.

2. August 1, 2011 6:59 am

Nice scenery! I’ve never been to Austin, but I bet I would like it.

3. August 1, 2011 7:13 am

That’s so fun that you had a visitor!

4. greensandjeans permalink
    August 1, 2011 7:33 am

What a beautiful day!

5. August 1, 2011 7:35 am

Sounds fun! I love canoeing! I have never been to Texas! It’s on my travel to-do list though! We went to my friends lake house this weekend for tubing and water skiiing. It was SO fun minus the fact that I got a huge gash on the top of my foot from catching a shell in the lake. Ug. Other than that? A blast!

6. August 1, 2011 7:59 am

What a nice weekend! The sky makes it look like it was the perfect day to be outside!

• August 1, 2011 8:10 am

It was a nice day…we had some cloud cover so the sun wasn’t too brutal but still we hit 104 degrees. I am seriously over summer!

7. August 1, 2011 8:24 am

What a beautiful day! Austin has so many fun things!

Katie : )

8. August 1, 2011 9:11 am

What gorgeous gardens! I went boating for the first time in Thailand…loved it! Can’t wait to get back out there!

9. Stephanie permalink
    August 1, 2011 9:13 am

That looks like so much fun. That park is so pretty! I had a low key weekend. The highlight was watching “the Lincoln Lawyer”. So good! I had no idea it was based on a book. Gonna read that for sure!

How did you guys make out with Shipley the dog? Just wondering if he got along with the chickens & was a keeper?

10. August 1, 2011 9:37 am

Keith getting to row two beautiful ladies through the lake – I doubt he minded!

11. August 1, 2011 10:05 am

how fun! Love the pictures! I had girl’s night/book club, then couple’s night/grilling out, then chill day/family day – great weekend!

12. August 1, 2011 10:21 am

I love that picture of you & Keith!! So cute 🙂 & you both look so happy!
    Looks like such a fun day! Austin is beautiful!!

13. August 1, 2011 10:37 am

awww, love barton springs!! Just took my parents there for the first time a few weeks ago. We love it. And Deep Eddy pool. It actually feels good when its freakin 110F outside, haha

14. August 1, 2011 12:10 pm

That really is quite a lovely park! I spent time with the inlaws, which isn’t exciting, but in doing so, I got to have some quality time with the hubby away from the house. It’s good to get away from laundry/cooking/dishes/cleaning/etc ever so often!

15. August 1, 2011 1:43 pm

wow this place is gorgeous!! I have yet to go into the water this summer! hehe

16. August 1, 2011 1:45 pm

Looks like such a fun weekend! I love water activites like canoeing and kayaking! 🙂

17. August 1, 2011 2:18 pm

Those pictures are so pretty! Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day!

18. August 1, 2011 3:02 pm

We were in Lubbock over the weekend. Which looks just like Austin. Or not. We had a great time visiting friends, but the scenery left a little something to be desired. As did the 7 hour drive with two restless munchkins.

19. August 1, 2011 3:16 pm

Looks like so much fun! Crazy how the water stays cold like that… but an awesome spot to find!

20. Camilla permalink
    August 1, 2011 4:29 pm

Aww you guys are really a happy looking family!! I can’t believe how beautiful it is there! So glad that you had fun, Kelly 😀

21. August 1, 2011 5:02 pm

Looks like fun! I love the water and it looks beautiful where you are!

I had fun baby sitting with Andy yesterday…it was our first time watching a baby! But it turned out well, thank goodness 🙂

22. August 1, 2011 7:48 pm

yey for fun with family! 🙂 I think the spring sounds like a great way to cool of with temps like that! So glad you had such a great time! 🙂

23. August 2, 2011 12:43 pm

Oh how fun!!!! I bet his god-daughter is loving staying with you! And I bet you enjoyed the freezing water (just to get out of the heat!). 🙂

That botanical garden is beautiful!

1. one for the books « What Kelly Said