well hello there

October 21, 2012

Guys. I have been busy. Not like busy but like buuuuuuuuuuuusy.

But I am through my first nine weeks of the school year and I feel like I might be starting to find a more normal rhythm. As in Keith is starting to recognize me again. I think he was starting to forget what color my eyes were.

I am kidding {sort of}.

But I woke up this morning with a renewed spirit, coffee in hand, a completely silent house and thought I should blog! Because that’s totally normal thinking, right?

But…here it is…the life update that I know everyone has been waiting on the edge of their seat for. You are, aren’t you? Well, second grade is going fabulously. I love every minute or every day of my loooooong days. Wouldn’t trade it. And seriously if you are ever in a bad mood just walk into a classroom. Things 7-8 year olds say will instantly put a smile on your face and love in your heart. I’m not kidding.

Second, my sweet daddy had back surgery. Kind of a little scary. I mean of all the places I want someone sticking a scalpel my back wouldn’t be my first choice. But he is recovering nicely and hopefully will be back to normal in the next few months. I have also been spending lots of quality time with my mama. I squeeze in as much mom/Kelly time as I can. She pretty much rocks and coming from a teaching background she gets me. I can call her after a long day and she knows what to say. She’s wonderful.

Let’s see, I’m not pregnant. Just wanted to put it out there. (If you’re a new reader please catch up here) I’ve gotten so many sweet emails over the last 2 months I’ve been away from blogging and to put everyone’s mind at ease…I’m not. I actually recently found out I now have developed PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome…it just keeps getting better and better around here folks! So my doctor and I are working on that. Our goal (mine, Keith’s and my doctor…because let’s face it, it is going to take all three of us to get me pregnant again) is to wait until May/June to start trying again. I want to get through this school year before I take on the stress of pregnancy. Because for me, it is no longer sunshine and rainbows but more like stressful, scary and worrisome. So. That is that. I still have days where I cry when I see a pregnant woman and days when I feel reallllllly sorry for myself. But I also have days where I look at Keith and Bella and know in my bones that my life is good. And as long as those good days outnumber the bad then I feel like I am doing okay.

And last, it’s fall. And everyone who knows me knows what fall means PEYTON MANNING. Ha! Please tell me you saw that coming. I pretty much drop everything to watch him play. Shocker! So any free time I have is usually spent watching Denver and swooning while Keith rolls his eyes. It’s lovely. Sundays are lovely.

My goal is to get back to regular blogging. When I say regular, I mean once-twice a week. Because let’s face it I am not that interesting and if you follow me on Instagram you see my day-to-day happenings as well as my workouts. So with that I’m out. Love to all.

Catch me up on you!

1. October 21, 2012 10:51 am

Glad you hear from you! And glad teaching is going well and your dad is ok.

2. October 21, 2012 12:48 pm

so glad you caught us up Kelly. I have been thinking alot of you and figured you had your hands full with a grade change at the last minute. and yes i agree if you are ever having a bad day go join the students. even the older one :). when my office starts making me crazy i go out and do push ups with the PE classes, I go into the math classes and learn something new and I talk to kids because they do make my day. love to your family girl!

• October 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Yes, the last minute grade change has been a whirlwind but completely amazing and wonderful. I’m busy but happy! 🙂

3. Anne Jasinski permalink
    October 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi Kelly…I live in the Boston area and have PCOS as well. I have had one ectopic pregnancy (requiring surgery) and three healthy children. If u ever need a sounding board/have a question- please don’t hesitate…I find that sometimes, it is easier to reach out to a complete stranger…best of luck and I hope u continue to have a fabulous school year!

• October 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks Anne! I appreciate the support. I feel like my journey to motherhood has been long, bumpy, and completely unfair. But I try to see the good and make peace with the obstacles in my path.

4. October 21, 2012 5:32 pm

I got so excited to see a post from you pop up in my reader. 🙂 I feel ya on the business– blogging just has to take a spot on the back-burner sometimes, right? I’m glad that teaching is going so well– I know that we’ve never met and so I kind of have no “real” evidence to base this on, but I have the feeling that you’re that kind of second grade teacher that all the kids remember as being their Favorite. Teacher. Ever.

I’m sorry about the PCOS– that just sucks. I’ve had a few friends who have dealt with that as well, and I know it must just be the icing on the sucky cake for you at this point. I’m thinking about you, girl.

Not that I have any room to talk, what with the infrequency of my own blog posts lately, but I hope you keep up with the posting– I love knowing what you’re up to. 🙂 Love to you, Keith, and that sweet Bella dog!!

• October 21, 2012 9:39 pm

I love you Anna. You know just what to say. Please come to Austin soon so we can hang out. I am not above begging! 🙂

5. October 22, 2012 7:49 am

Welcome back Kelly and thanks for catching us up! Glad you are enjoying 2nd grade (my youngest is in 3rd grade, so I know about the funny things they say!).

• October 22, 2012 7:51 am

Oops, I posted that before I was finished…I also wanted to say I’m sorry about your PCOS. How frustrating. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

6. October 22, 2012 8:26 am

So happy to have an update!! I love you and it sounds like that busy life of yours is just as fulfilling as can be.

(also, I have PCOS! It can be dealt with pretty easily, actually!)

• October 22, 2012 9:42 pm

We tried one round if clomid to try to break up the cysts. I go in for another ultrasound in a few weeks to see if it worked. Fingers crossed.

7. October 22, 2012 8:44 am

Love you Kel! Glad to see you popped back up in my reader 🙂 Glad to hear school is going well too! I am sorry to hear about your PCOS. But on the bright side, now you can move forward and stop wondering about what’s going on. I will continue to pray for you all!

Oh, and not much is new with me except I’m going crazy trying to plan this flippin wedding of mine!! I’m about ready to elope 😉

8. October 22, 2012 12:45 pm

I’ve missed you! Glad to hear that this year is shaping up to be a good one for you!

9. October 22, 2012 2:46 pm

It is so good to see a blog post from you, I’ve missed reading about you and your life! I’m sorry to hear about your dad and PCOS, but I know everything will turn out well!

10. October 23, 2012 6:15 am

keep me posted on you! i ask keith a lot. haha, or annoy him. I’m so sorry about PCOS, but i know YOU can overcome. Maybe MAUI will be the perfect time, yes?

hugs.

• October 23, 2012 11:46 am

You don’t annoy him! ha! Thanks for checking on me via Keith. Yes maybe Maui will be a good time…we are going again for 2 weeks in June. I am already counting down the days! ha! 🙂

11. October 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks the for the update. It is crazy how quickly teaching can take over your life, isn’t it? I was long-term subbing in first grade and LOVED them so much. I now have a full time job as an interventionist, and although I have had this job before, I don’t look forward to it nearly as much as I did those little ones who I got to keep all day long.

Secondly, I have been diagnosed with PCOS, too. I wasn’t trying to get pregnant but dealing with other issues of the monthly variety and my doctor told me that was most likely what i was. I’m glad I know now, so that should I ever want to get pregnant I can go in with that diagnosis and mindset. My thoughts are with you!

12. October 27, 2012 9:23 am

thanks for the update, I missed you! Glad to hear life is good and teaching is going well. Sorry to hear about the PCOS, I’m thinking of you! ❤

• October 28, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks Nicole and congratulations to you. I am so happy for you and know you will be a fantastic mother! 🙂

13. Elizabeth permalink
    November 2, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Kelly-
    I’ve never dealt with infertility (not married or trying to start a family yet) however I have had PCOS and at times very irregular cycles. After lots of googling, I decided to try taking the herb Dong Quai and it really helped me. Everything is back to normal now and I’ve heard that it can also help with infertility. I’m sure you’re gettings tons of suggestions (and it’s probably getting old at this point lol) but figured I would pass this on even if it just helps with the PCOS 🙂 Love your blog and love the Bella pictures!

14. November 3, 2012 9:12 am

You’ve crossed my mind a few times – glad to read an update! What lucky kiddos to have you in front of their class!