beauty

December 5, 2011
tags: , ,

Hey hey!

I finished a book this weekend that was really good. It was The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen. I expected this book to be a typical chick-lit book but was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be anything but.

This is about twin sisters who are about as opposite as they come. There is Lindsay, the “smart one” and Alex, the “beautiful one”. Both live separate lives until they are forced the become real sisters. This is such a heartfelt story that hits home the point, that never gets old, that there is more to beauty than the outside package.

This made me think about me and my life. I am constantly hard on myself. Telling myself that I am pudgy and ugly. Not beautiful enough for Keith. And when Keith tells me he loves me I always secretly think he could do better. He could be with someone much more attractive. But this book and the message made me realize that Keith wouldn’t love me any more if my abs were perfect or my arms more defined. Keith loves all the things (on the inside) that make me me. I always know this deep down but sometimes reminders help me to beat the insecurities or the self doubt that creeps up from time to time.

For anyone looking for a truly heartfelt story about family, love and the meaning of, this book is a must read.

Where was the last time you found a message in an unexpected place?

1. December 5, 2011 1:36 am

oh that sounds like a wonderful book. I am glad it touched your heart too. You know YOU ARE beautiful!! Keith is a truthful man, believe him. ❤
    xoxo

2. December 5, 2011 7:05 am

This sounds great–it’s definitely going on my “to-read” list. Thanks for sharing the review–I’m always on the lookout for new books to read.

PS my blog moved–join me on the flip side: lauralikesdesign.com/blog

3. December 5, 2011 8:32 am

Adding it to my growing list… *Note to self: keep away from puppy.

4. December 5, 2011 9:40 am

Oh man, I wish I had read this last night, I was looking for something to add to my Nook for next week and went with Water for Elephants. Adding this to my list though.

5. December 5, 2011 10:08 am

Will definitely add to my must read list!

I think we all tend to struggle with the same insecurities and always thinking that we could be better…but it’s a great message that ‘we are who we are’ and finding someone to love us for that is a blessing!

• December 5, 2011 1:03 pm

Definitely! You and I are so much alike! 🙂

6. December 5, 2011 10:15 am

Sounds like a good book. I’ll have to add it to my list.

7. December 5, 2011 10:20 am

We are getting ready to go on a trip and I’ve been meaning to buy an extra umbrella, but keep forgetting. Saturday we went to the mall and ended up parking at Dillards (which we never do) and inside I decided to to the ‘try on a coat and get a scratch off ticket’ promo (which I never do) and when I scratched it off I got a free umbrella. It was like a little hug from God, like Him saying ‘I’ve got your back on the little things too.’ Happy, soul-filling moment, right in the middle of Dillards. 🙂

8. December 5, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the recommendation- I’be been looking for something good to read!

9. December 5, 2011 3:47 pm

You are beautiful! I get down on myself too sometimes but realize that I’m always my worst critic. This sounds like a great book I’ll put on my list.

10. December 5, 2011 4:01 pm

But you are so pretty! You have such a beautiful smile!