what i wish someone had told me
It’s no secret that life with a baby changes everything. And I mean everything! But here’s a list of 10 things that surprised me and I wish someone had told me.
1. Switch your closet back before the baby is born! You won’t need your maternity clothes after about a week and it is way easier to get your closet organized without a newborn.
2. You will need to schedule time to do normal everyday things like showering, eating, paying bills, etc. Seriously you can’t just wake up and take a shower, curl your hair, etc…
3. Newborns go to bed really late! Trey goes down for the night between 10:30-11:00. Who knew?
4. It takes a village! Don’t think you can do it alone. You can’t. Ask for help and when people offer to help you, LET THEM!
5. You will spend a lot of time pacing your floor. Newborns like movement so sitting still on the couch doesn’t make for a happy baby.
6. You will eat a lot of meals standing up. But hey isn’t that better for digestion?
7. Swaddling isn’t as easy as it looks. Get familiar with whatever swaddle you choose to use before you need to use it.
8. You are going to be seriously sleep deprived. Now obviously I knew this but until you experience it it is impossible to describe how exhausted you will be. I would suggest going out getting drunk getting only 3 hours of sleep and try to function at top performance the next day. Keep repeating that cycle for an indefinite period of time.
9. You will cry a lot at first. It’s hard and scary and overwhelming and your hormones are all over the place. You will cry and it’s okay. But it’s all worth it. :)
10. Target brand diapers work better than any brand name diaper in my opinion. Blow outs are inevitable but when it stays in the diaper that’s always preferred.