still hangin on

October 24, 2013

I am 38 weeks ! Yay!

I am still hanging on. I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon so we’ll see what (if any progress) is being made. The last 2 weeks I have been 1 cm dilated with a spongy cervix.

Oh, I am also sick. Grubby kiddos! I am super congested with a stuffy nose so I am hoping Trey stays put until I kick this thing. The weather finally changed here and it has caused everyone to be sick. This happens to me every year too! The weather FINALLY changes to be beautiful and I’m sick. Whatever.

Me at 37.5 weeks

photo%201-4

Me at 38 weeks playing with Bella in the backyard

photo%202-4

Pregnancy Updates:

Cravings: Same. Last night I ate chips and salsa for dinner. No lie. Oops. #dinnerfail

Weight Gain: I’m up 29 pounds. And that’s all I have to say about that. ;)

Stretch Marks: Still NONE! Although I am starting to seriously wonder what on earth my stomach is going to look like after this is all over. Ha!

Swelling: Still no swelling! I love love love that I am still wearing my wedding rings without problems.

Movement: Trey moving is my nemesis. I live and die by those movements and he has never been a super hard kicker so it took me a long time to feel him (and I have an anterior placenta) and then once I could feel him he was inconsistent with his movement. He still is. Some days he is a kicking, rolling mess and other days barely a peep. It stresses me out so badly.

Sleep: Better now that it has cooled down. But I am still uncomfortable as can be! My back and hips hurt a lot at night. But sweet Bella has started sleeping right up against my back and that helps a ton. It’s like an anchor for me to lean on. She’s a good dog! :)

Group B Strep Test: PASSED! Holla!

Can’t wait for my appointment today….hopefully I have something to update you with soon! :)

About these ads
  1. October 24, 2013 2:50 pm

When did you first start feeling him? I have an anterior placenta too and I’m 24 weeks and don’t feel a lot of movement. If I push in my stomach on the left side, he’ll usually kick back, but that’s all I get. I’m guessing my placenta is on the right some.

• October 24, 2013 4:00 pm

It took a LONG time before I started feeling regular movement. I would say 28 weeks I started feeling it more strongly. But even now some days are just less active than others. I try not to let it freak me out but who am I kidding? I notice that high pitched noise makes him move…like songs or artists that are high pitched. Journey does it. Ha! So I play at lot of music to get him to move and I realized that chocolate gives him hiccups. Ha! So whenever I’m super worried I do that! :)

• October 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Anterior placentas suck! I feel like after all the crap that we’ve both been through, we should be able to feel our babies move at like 18 weeks like some people can. Oh well.

2. October 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Eee! Hang in there! I remember those last few weeks being so uncomfortable…but you’ll forget all about it soon. Promise. I’m so excited for you guys!

• October 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Well as of today I am 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. So definitely some ccchanges are going on! AHHHHH!! 😃

3. Kim permalink
    October 24, 2013 4:51 pm

I would eat ice to get Bella moving when she would be to quiet…it did the trick. I had her at 32 weeks, cannot imagine what is would have been like to 40. You look beautiful as always!

4. October 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Orange juice was my fail safe ‘movement getter.’ I was anxious about movement with both pregnancies, so I feel your worry! Not much longer.

ps – you will be amazed at how your stomach goes back. promise.

5. October 25, 2013 7:07 am

it’ll feel like a deflated balloon for a bit but then it’ll bounce back. i’m just so flippin’ excited for you, Kelly!!

6. October 25, 2013 9:30 am

I do not understand where 29 pounds are. I think Trey is going to weigh 27. ;) You look fabulous!!! I cannot wait to come squeeze him.

7. October 26, 2013 3:54 pm

You are looking great! I’ve really enjoyed following along with you during your pregnancy and can’t wait for you to meet Trey. :)

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,427 other followers