Sorry I haven’t updated in a while. I’ve been busy getting my classroom and lesson plans back in order for school. This is my last off week (except for a training day on Tuesday) before reporting back full time. I am excited! I love my job and am ready to get back in the swing of things! Although Ms. Bella probably isn’t thrilled. Summer break is officially over.
- I started my third trimester…where does the time go? On one hand I feel like this pregnancy has been super fast and on the other it seems like it has been going really slowly. But the third trimester is here and I’ll take it.
- Nursery? It isn’t finished but we’ve made great progress. We’ll get there.
- Cravings? Caesar Salad! Seriously I want a chicken Caesar like every day for lunch. I literally start thinking about it right after breakfast and can’t wait to make lunch everyday. It’s random because in my non-pregnant life Caesar dressing isn’t exactly on the top of my favorites list.
- Stretch Marks? Nope…knock on wood, cross your fingers (and toes) that that continues. I am diligent about rubbing lotion on my back, hips and belly twice a day. (morning and night) I’ve used a variety of stuff but most recently I have been using Maderma Stretch Mark Therapy cream. I like it because it smells good and the consistency of the lotion is good.
- Weight Gain? Oh yes. I am now in complete awe of those people who manage to go an entire pregnancy gaining only 15 pounds. Who are you? So far I have gained 23 pounds. So add another 12 weeks of pregnancy and I am probably looking right around the 35-40 pound mark. Eh…not terrible. I notice it the most (aside from the belly) in my face. Whew my cheeks are enormous!
- Next Appointment? It’s Friday. It is also the gestational diabetes test and for some reason I am incredibly NERVOUS. Please tell me I am not the only one who fretted about this appointment??
- Swelling? Nope. My wedding rings still fit fine, no issues. My ankles are still their normal size. But we’ll see how things go once school starts again and I am on my feet a lot more.
So I think that’s it. Pretty boring huh? I always thought once I finally got pregnant and sustained it I would be one of those people who did the weekly updates and the this week baby is the size of (insert fruit/vegetable) but once it happened for us I just never followed through with it. I think in part it was me remembering how painful those updates were when I read them in the midst of my struggles and I didn’t want to do that. Not that I think it’s a bad thing to do it….I just think I realized it wasn’t for me. With that said, thanks for letting the majority of my blog posts these last 7 months be about the upcoming baby. I know sometimes it is probably annoying to read yet another post on how I am feeling pregnancy wise….but you guys rock for reading.